If you want to insert a calendar into your spreadsheet, you can do so by enabling Developer Mode from the program’s main menu.
- Click the “Office” button and select the “Excel Options” option from the drop-down menu that appears.
- Click the “Popular” tab in the “Options” menu and place a check mark next to the “Show Developer Tab in the Ribbon” option.
- Click “OK” to save the changes.
- Click the “Developer” tab, followed by the “Insert” menu. Select the “More Controls” button in the drop-down menu that appears. Highlight the “Microsoft Date and Time Picker Control” option, then click “OK.”
- Click on the upper left corner of the cell to which you want to add the calendar and drag your mouse pointer to the cell’s bottom-right corner. This will draw a rectangle around the cell.Release your mouse button to insert the calendar into the cell.
- Whenever you click on the cell, the calendar drop-down menu will appear.
- Before the Date and Time Picker Control can be used its properties must be defined. With the control selected, in the Controls section of the Developer tab click the Properties button. This opens the Properties window listing all the properties of the Date and Time Picker control. Here you can specify a format for the date, define a range of allowed dates as well as many other useful properties.
- The calendar needs to be activated before it will work. Click the Design Mode button on the Developer tab to take the worksheet out of design mode. Job done!
- To insert a date click the control’s down-arrow to open the calendar. When you select a date the calendar will close and the date will be written into the specified cell. If you want to link the calendar to a specific cell so that, when a date is chosen it is entered into that cell only, you must enter the address of the cell into the LinkedCell
Articles of help